Tuesday 9 December 2008

Review - Pussy Cat Dolls - I Hate This Part (Single)

Pussy Cat Dolls - I Hate This Part (Single)

View The Review

2 out of 10

It would appear Doll Domination, as it's now become known, is set to continue. Domination of what, though, I'm not so sure. I can relate to the sentiment in the song's title as I hate the part where I get asked to review the mawkish mid-tempo ballad, instead of its predecessor, the fantastically stupid 'When I Grow Up' ('I wanna have boobies!'). I'm left wondering who this 'break-up anthem' might appeal to and I reckon it was released in time to ensnare sensitive souls who'll be spending Christmas alone but still intend to get tarted up and have a right good dance at the office do. It does absolutely nothing for me, sounding lifeless and over-glossy- like a big wodge of dough glazed with varnish- but I imagine it might tick a few boxes for people who like emotionally overwrought Eurovision-standard pop sung by American models. I'm sure the video will be worth a watch, too.

Listen: www.myspace.com/pussycatdolls

Tracklist:
1. I Hate This Part

No comments: