Monday 22 December 2008

Review - The Race - I Get It Wrong (Single)

The Race - I Get It Wrong (Single)

View The Review

8 out of 10

The Race have been turning heads with their anthemic indie since the release of their debut album, 'Be Your Alibi'. The band produces music of a similar ilk to Arcade Fire, Broken Social Scene, and The Killers, writing anthemic stadium fillers with huge walls of sound and undeniably catch hooks.

I Get It Wrong is the new single from The Race, and it's nothing short of brilliant. Offering a dynamic sonic experience with catchy riffs and lines, this could be the British Arcade Fire.
Maisie and Here I Lay make up the three track CD, and are of a similar ilk, with powerful drums, walls of guitars and reverb drenched vocals.

This band are definitely one to watch out for, and could well top countless festival bills, with their unique brand of anthemic, orchestrated indie.

Listen: www.myspace.com/raceuk

Tracklist:
1. I Get It Wrong
2. Maisie
3. Here I Lay

No comments: