Monday 22 December 2008

Review - Mason Jennings - I Love You And Buddha Too (w/ Jack Johnson) (Single)

Mason Jennings - I Love You And Buddha Too (w/ Jack Johnson) (Single)

View The Review

8 out of 10

I've been following Mason Jennings for a while, ever since I found his 2006 album Boneclouds in a little obscure shop in South Africa. Because of this, I was excited to hear his latest offering, which has become a staple song in Jack Johnson's live shows, 'I Love You And Buddha Too'.

The song explores the oneness of religions and the connections of people to religion. For a topic which could be covered in such depth, Jennings puts quite a light hearted spin on it, with handclaps, fast paced lyrics, and all manner of background vocals.

This is definitely a positive release to promote Jennings new album 'In the Ever' which was recorded in a log cabin with two microphones (hello Bon Iver?). If you have yet to hear of this song writing gem, this could be the ideal time to get involved.

Listen: www.masonjennings.com

Tracklist:
1. I Love You And Buddha Too

No comments: