Thursday 16 July 2009

Review - Enter Shikari - No Sleep Tonight (Single)

Enter Shikari - No Sleep Tonight (Single)

View The Review

2 out of 10

I really wanted to like Enter Shikari. I liked how young and enthusiastic they were, I liked how they made older people grumpy and complain about the kids today. I thought, "They're young, they've growing to do, the second album will prove what great musicians they are." The last time I thought this and was proved horribly wrong was The Lost Profits, sorry Prophets. Ironic then, that is exactly who this single sounds like. Exactly. EXACTLY. Ok, I'll admit that Roughton "Rou" Reynolds harsh vocals are considerably better than the guy that used to be a DJ until that wasn't cool then he played guitar. I truly hope this is the low point of the album to come, otherwise their sophomore affair will be truly derivative and under whelming, which would be a waste of some early promise and energy.

Listen: www.myspace.com/entershikari

Tracklist:
1. No Sleep Tonight

No comments: