Sunday 2 November 2008

Review - Tim and Sam’s Tim and the Sam Band - Put Your Slippers On

Tim and Sam’s Tim and the Sam Band - Put Your Slippers On

View The Review

9 out of 10

Far from making me want to put my slippers on (they're actually already on, it's a bit chilly) the opening track of this CD actually made me want to shout "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" whilst running through an autumnal forest, possibly painted by Mondrian in oversaturated browns and greens with the sun streaming through the canopy and creating that lovely mottled effect on the multicoloured leaves beneath my feet. The second song. well, you get the idea.

Lovely cheery melodic post indie rock, with what seems like a complete lack of pretension and a very down to earth feel. Amongst the more expected guitars and drums can be heard a glockenspiel, a harmonium, a flute, a violin and, most importantly a wonderful sense of playfulness and fun so often lacking in today's po-faced and over serious music.

Highly recommended, made me forget it's pissing down outside and I was feeling a bit down when I put it on and cheered me up no end!

Listen: www.myspace.com/timandsamstimandthesambandwithtimandsam

Tracklist:
1. Put Your Slippers On
2. Join the Dots
3. Stepping Stones
4. The Badger Set

No comments: