Monday 24 November 2008

Review - Kevin Rudolf - Let It Rock (Single)

Kevin Rudolf - Let It Rock (Single)

View The Review

4 out of 10

One day soon, I'm going to meet up with James who runs this site, and before we get down to the niceties of a few cheeky beers and reminiscences of the best tunes of the year, I'm going to have to give him a quick punch square on the nose for making me listen to Kevin Rudolf 'rocking'. (James' Note: You avid reader will no doubt like me now be thinking Gray won't be enjoying this release very much at all, or perhaps you might be thinking that we just have some kinky male relationship whereabouts he praises my decision to send him certain CDs by jabbing me in the face?! I'll let you decide.)

This kind of tune is the polar reverse of nu-metal, whereby metal bands thrashing away at their guitars made the rash decision to rap over their sonic brutality, and sees mediocre rappers attempting to enhance their craft by bunging some generic sounding rock guitars over the top in an effort to widen their audience. It just doesn't work.

Listen: www.myspace.com/kevinrudolfmusic

Tracklist:
1. Let It Rock

No comments: