Thursday 20 November 2008

Review - The Ex-Men - The Curator (Single)

The Ex-Men - The Curator (Single)

View The Review

2 out of 10

The press release for this single informed me that I was going to listen to Underworld after six pints of mild, so I was intrigued. I like a bit of Underworld, but being not much of a fan of Mild, I was looking forward to listening to something new and different.

What I got was a load of rubbish. The actual song wasn't anything special, and the vocals were just crap. The song is about a museum curator, and yes it does sound as boring as it should.

The second track on the single is a phone conversation between the singer and a friend. All very bizarre.

With other new music also coming out of Scotland such as the over hyped Glasvegas, thank goodness for old Scottish favourites Primal Scream still keeping their flag flying.

Give this single a miss.

Listen: www.myspace.com/theexmen

Tracklist:
1. The Curator
2. Godot On Call Waiting

No comments: