Thursday 23 October 2008

Review - Long Day Gone - Don't Say Goodbye (Single)

Long Day Gone - Don't Say Goodbye (Single)

View The Review

6 out of 10

After my first listen, the title track sounded nothing more than ok. It slowly grows on you a little bit at a time, but I kept giving it a listen to see if I was missing something, instead of following my first impressions of 'why is this being released?'

Then I started to get it! It is a very well put together song and it all works well together.
The drumming is very prominent in the single and the vocals do make you want to sing along.

I don't know why, and this doesn't happen very often, but I wanted to know a bit more about this band and did want to hear more.

If I was to suggest anything, it would be to go their myspace page and check out some of their other tunes. 'Fallout' is a great track available to listen to on their www. and definitely worth listening to.

I wish the best of luck to this band; it's a shame they seem to only stick to the Midlands when playing live, instead of coming up north, by looking at their videos, they will probably be quite good.

Listen: www.myspace.com/longdaygone

Tracklist:
1. Don't Say Goodbye
2. We Are

No comments: