Thursday 31 July 2008

Review - The Verve - Love Is Noise (Single)

The Verve - Love Is Noise (Single)

View The Review

6 out of 10

So this is the first Verve single to be released since 1998s Sonnet and one thing you can say for them is that they really like to forge their own way when it comes to their music. Never having been a huge fan of The Verve I felt I could approach Love is Noise with any preconceptions about what it should sound like.

The issue is that the incessant chanting of whatever you call them throughout the whole song is nothing short of annoying and giving me a headache after listening to it a few times. I feel that without them the song would be a sublime offering with intricate guitars and very upbeat drums, maybe a little dull but a nice song. However they do have them and for that I'm really starting to dislike it.A LOT!

Listen: www.myspace.com/theverve

Tracklist:
1. Love Is Noise (Radio Edit)
2. Love Is Noise (Album Version)

No comments: