Friday 27 February 2009

Review - Vanna - A New Hope

Vanna - A New Hope

View The Review

3 out of 10

This band is apparently tipped as the new stars of "post hardcore" but somehow I don't really get the hype. It's the tried and tested scream/sung verses and choruses with the obligatory chugga chugga break thrown in for good measure. I don't know whether it's ironically done or not, but I don't really want to listen to it again to find out. I'm sure black fringed, black eyed, tight jeaned kids brigade the world over will be lapping this up based on their merch designs alone. Paying no regard to whether or not it's actually listenable...

If this is post hardcore in 2009, then please for the love of everything sacred pass me the Mineral discography and leave me to dwell in my room alone.

Listen: www.myspace.com/vanna

Tracklist:
1. Let’s Have An Earthquake
2. Into Hell’s Mouth We March
3. The Same Graceful Wind
4. Like Changing Seasons
5. Trashmouth
6. Safe To Say
7. We Are Nameless
8. Sleepwalker
9. Where We Are Now
10. Ten Arms
11. Life and Limb
12. The Sun Sets Here

No comments: