Sunday 15 February 2009

Review - Everett - Storyteller

Everett - Storyteller

View The Review

8 out of 10

Hailing from just down the road from me I was surprised that I'd never heard of Everett prior to their simply, yet nicely packaged EP coming through my letter box. What surprised me further was how much I'm enjoying it - you see I fear that no matter what Everett do they're always going to be compared to Coldplay. That's not to say that they sound the same, they just use a lot of the same ingredients.

The result is a record that is melodic, atmospheric and above all else easy to listen to; ideal for perhaps having a bath too or maybe when having a nice old fashioned sit down. At times the record really is achingly sweet, and dare I say it.beautiful?

The EP, though short, gives a very strong indication of Everett's sound. Try if you can to put aside the obvious comparisons to Coldplay.

Well worth checking out.

Listen: www.myspace.com/everettuk

Tracklist:
1. Prologue
2. Where Loyalties Lie
3. The Reform
4. Siren
5. Epilogue

No comments: