Thursday 27 August 2009

Review - Paalmer - Old School

Paalmer - Old School

View The Review

3 out of 10

When I first put this on I thought maybe it was a joke. As it turns out it's actually French. I don't know whether that makes it better or worse. Musically reminiscent of various bands on the People Like You label (which I'm sure used to be I Used to Fuck People Like You in Prison Records) and Status Quo, with straightforward crunchy punk rock chords it's the lyrics where this really shines. They're awful. Really, really awful - as you may have gathered from the song titles. It gets worse from there. I think I'd prefer it if they sang in French, it'd be less cringeworthy.

Listen: www.myspace.com/paalmer

Tracklist:
1. Punkrocker
2. Sleep With U
3. I Believe
4. Ramones Fever

No comments: