Sunday 23 August 2009

Review - Aimee Newsome-Stone - Spacemen and Monsters

Aimee Newsome-Stone - Spacemen and Monsters

View The Review

5 out of 10

Right don't get me wrong, this is nice. It's OK. But. It's just not any more than that. A couple of years ago I put out a compilation, and it had a track on it that could easily have been off this CD. It was OK too, quite nice in the flow of a bunch of different songs. But to be honest after a couple I'm starting to get a bit bored. Aimee has a nice voice, and her Dad plays nice guitar, and she writes nice, inoffensive acoustic pop songs, but it's all a little bit too nice. It does get better as the CD progresses - I think "Radio Says" is my favourite, but there's still something lacking.

Listen: www.myspace.com/aimeensaccoustic

Tracklist:
1. Just Another Day
2. Madeline
3. Radio Says
4. Drive Me Down

No comments: