Monday 31 August 2009

Review - House That Jack Built - Pipeage (Single)

House That Jack Built - Pipeage (Single)

View The Review

4 out of 10

I have to be honest. I've not actually listened to this CD. I have a good reason though. It's a 3" CD and I can't get it to play on either my stereo or my computer. It's a shame that it won't play as it looks very pretty. The little CD case is made to look like a Scrabble board and it comes in a bag that looks like the one from Scrabble. There are even a couple of badges made to look like letters. I appreciate the effort they've gone to with the packaging. It's just a shame that they couldn't come up with anything good musically (the songs are online, so I have heard them).

To quote the lyrics to 'Pipeage' "If it's bad/but not so bad/then what's the point?" Honestly, I've got no idea. Sub par, slightly wacky (posh?) Liverpudlians ape XTC with limited results. 7 out of 10 for the packaging, 4 out of 10 for the songs.

Listen: www.myspace.com/housethatjackbuiltband

Tracklist:
1. Pipeage
2. No Paper

No comments: