Thursday 27 August 2009

Review - LDZ - The Puppa Murc EP

LDZ - The Puppa Murc EP

View The Review

6 out of 10

I think it's fair to say this is a dancefloor record. The basslines and beats are definitely designed to get the floor moving, and that's fair enough - I reckon it'll do that amply. What's a bit more surprising is that the EP (mostly) works really well in a home listening kinda way too. I say mostly because "Bitch" is pretty rubbish. The first two tracks are dubstep style, but elevated by MC Dabbla's rhyming and some really quite filthy basslines, that must sound enormous through a big sound system. Go This Way is much more of a hip hop track, with Dabbla completely changing his style to fit the hip hop breaks.

I reckon these guys could do great things, I just hope Dabbla's lyrical prowess doesn't get diluted for the masses in the process.

Listen: www.myspace.com/londonzoo

Tracklist:
1. Wave 2 da Floor
2. Bitch
3. It's Not Relevant
4. Go This Way

No comments: