Monday 27 April 2009

Review - Weird Owl - Ever The Silver Cord Be Loosed

Weird Owl - Ever The Silver Cord Be Loosed

View The Review

5 out of 10

This album has been perplexing me, if that’s the right word, since I got it. I really want to like it. I can see what’s going on and where the band are heading but it does nothing whatsoever for me.
Coming across as almost like The Stooges (musically at least) slowed down to a shoe-gazey crawl and sucked dry of the aggression. Or maybe The White Stripes caught up in a prog nightmare.

The band can certainly play and I will give any band credit for having a track about The Battle of Little Bighorn (13 Arrows 13 Stars) but sadly every song doesn’t seem to get going at all for me.

I really wanted to like this.

Listen: www.myspace.com/weirdowl

Tracklist:
1. Mind Mountain
2. Skolotopathian
3. 13 Arrows 13 Stars
4. Tobin’s Spirit Guide
5. Do What The Owl Wilt
6. Phases Of The Moon
7. In The Secrecy of Oceans
8. Flying low In The Air After Thunder

No comments: