Sunday 26 April 2009

Review - Kasms - Male Bonding (Single)

Kasms - Male Bonding (Single)

View The Review

4 out of 10

This CD had quite an impact on me, but not in a good way. I popped it into my laptop to have a listen, only to be greeted by a terrifying grinding sound and vibration as the CD spun round out of balance 'cos of the stuck on label. My laptop does NOT like this.

I did finally get it to play ok; although I'm not entirely sure it was worth the effort. There's something in the production that leaves the whole thing sounding rather thin, which is a shame as the vaguely Bauhausy self consciously "edgy" guitar indie would probably benefit from a meatier sound. As it is it's just a bit forgettable and probably best left to people with fringes that cover their eyes.

Listen: www.myspace.com/kasms

Tracklist:
1. Male Bonding
2. Kids

No comments: