Thursday 24 September 2009

Review - Lethal Bizzle - Going Out Tonight (Single)

Lethal Bizzle - Going Out Tonight (Single)

View The Review

8 out of 10

The first time I heard of Lethal Bizzle was in 2002 when he broke onto the music scene with "Oi" with the More Fire Crew. There was no doubt that the free flowing rapper from Walthamstow, East London had bags of talent.

Within that seven-year period Lethal Bizzle has emerged as a solo artist and is now making a huge impact being respected as one of the best in the Grime scene.

Lethal Bizzle is set to release the second single to be taken from his forthcoming third album. "Going Out Tonight" will be released on September 21st on the Search and Destroy label, on CD, as well as a download bundle.

I have always been a fan of Lethal Bizzle, so when I had the chance to review this single which I had not heard previously, I was eager to hear the musical approach that he would be taking for the foreseeable future.

I had high hopes for the new single and if I am totally honest my expectations were exceeded. Lethal Bizzle already has a large fan base but I believe that "Going Out Tonight" will appeal to a wider audience, and could even open up a direction towards the dance scene for him. As I mentioned earlier, Lethal Bizzle has plenty of talent, which seems to be growing by the years, and mixed with the beat from this single everything fits together perfectly. I would even call the collaboration between the producer and artist a masterpiece. With a deep bass-line that would get anybody in the party mood I can see this taking off especially in the club scene around the UK. With the title of the track being "Going Out Tonight" I can only assume that Lethal Bizzle has hit his targets in targeting the dance scene as noted earlier. If this single takes off, fans will be awaiting his next release, hoping it will be as big and catchy as this one.

One thing I would like to say is if you get the chance to have a listen to "Going Out Tonight", get hold of a copy and give it a chance. Although the Grime scene is not to everybody's taste, Lethal Bizzle has taken a different approach, and may well bring grime to the top rather than underground. You just might like it!

I am grateful to have had the opportunity to do this review as am now anticipating the release of his awaited album "Go Hard" which will be released on October 5th, and includes work with producers Donaeo, Mark Ronson, Dexplicit, Youngstar and Gallows.

If "Going Out Tonight" is anything to go by then this will be Lethal Bizzle's biggest and best album to date.

Listen: www.myspace.com/lethalbizzlemusic

Tracklist:
1. Going Out Tonight (Original Radio Edit)
2. Going Out Tonight (The Real Funk Remix)
3. Going Out Tonight (RobotSonics Remix)
4. Going Out Tonight (DJ Raph Remix)

No comments: