Wednesday 24 March 2010

Review - White Belt Yellow Tag - Always and Echoes

White Belt Yellow Tag - Always and Echoes

View The Review

3 out of 10

White Belt Yellow Tag contain ex members of Yourcodenameis:Milo & The Cooper Temple Clause. Not that you'd know it here, it sounds like Coldplay doing Snow Patrol Karaoke. I was surprised, really super surprised. I've seen both their previous bands live more than once & been blown away by the ingenuity & pure adrenaline of the performance.

So why is this "See-Dad-still-likes-cool-music,-your-Dad-is-'with-it'"-whilst-the-kids-sit-on-the-back-seat-of-the-car-facepalming-themselves-to-death-because-they'd-rather-be-listening-to-Chromeo music coming out of my speakers? Why I implore you!

There's a part on one track that sounds like that Take That song when they bang on about it being the greatest day of our lives they always play over slowed down footage of football teams winning before they go off to date rape people.

Wow, I got sidetracked pretty easily, which says about all you need to know about this 4 track CD. It floated in, floated out & left me with Take That stuck in my head. Thanks for that, jerks.

Listen: www.myspace.com/whitebeltyellowtag

Tracklist:
1. Always and Echoes
2. Postcards
3. You Have No Friends
4. We All Have Sound (Rhysmix Vs. Wahs)

No comments: