Thursday 28 May 2009

Review - Rancid - Last One to Die (Single)

Rancid - Last One to Die (Single)

View The Review

3 out of 10

Initially, when this CD refused to play in either my laptop OR my CD player I was disappointed. Saddened even, that I wouldn't be able to hear what I was rather hoping would be a triumphant return to form for a band that, in their prime, helped to shape the latter stages of my youth. As it turns out, it would have been better if I hadn't thought to visit their myspace page to listen to the song.

.And Out Come the Wolves was infused with the spirit of Ska and the ghost of The Clash. Rancid (2000) was a sharp blast of hardcore punk fury. Every one of Rancid's albums up until that eponymous turn of the century milestone was both unmistakably Rancid and undeniably unique. Since that time though, everything they have released - this included - has been unmistakably and undeniably shit. Imagine a half finished Pink song with a semi catatonic drunk slurring semi coherent lyrics over the top.

If you remember the glory days of Rancid - don't listen to this. If you DON'T remember the great band they used to be - don't listen to this. Go buy .And Out Come the Wolves instead.

Listen: www.myspace.com/rancid

Tracklist:
1. Last One to Die

No comments: