View The Review
6 out of 10
Anti-Flag are the typical "loads of promise" type band. Never seem to really break through that glass ceiling - probably due to inconsistency in their recorded material. They have the odd amazing song - but their albums are full of more too much filler to be termed "good".
Is "The People Or The Gun" any different?
Starting off with the slightly acerbic Sodom, Gomorrah... the album dips until track six (the outstanding This is the First Night) then pretty much slips back into its comfy tartan slippers. It’s not that this is a bad album - it’s just an easily forgettable one. Which for a band like Anti-Flag can’t be a good thing.
What’s the point of having something to say if no-one's listening?
1. Sodom, Gomorrah, Washington D.C. (Sheep in Shepherd’s Clothing)
2. The Economy Is Suffering, Let it Die
3. The Gre(a)t Depression
4. We Are the One
5. You Are Fired (Take this Job)
6. This Is the First Night
7. No War Without Warriors (How Do You Sleep?)
8. When All the Lights Go Out
9. On Independence Day
10. The Old Guard