Thursday 13 August 2009

News - Roger Leaves The Appreciation Post...

View The Article

Roger has left The Appreciation Post:

"Hey everyone,

Rog here...

As you may have read on our Myspace Page and Official Band Twitter , our show on Friday, August 28th will be my last as a member of The Appreciation Post. Being in a band is a weird mixture of a job, a relationship and a family and a lot of times when someone leaves, there is a ton of drama and backstabbing.

Unfortunately for all the gossip lovers out there, I have no dirty laundry to air out. I am leaving the band of my own volition and have nothing negative to say about The Appreciation Post. Jim, Nam and Ted are three amazing musicians and all around great guys. I can’t downplay the role that The Appreciation Post played in making me the musician and person that I am today.

In fact, I will go on record saying that the 13 songs we recorded in Chicago with Marc McClusky are the best pop tunes Jim has ever written and definitely the best recordings I’ve ever had the honor of being a part of. Keep an eye out for the new album, because it’s definitely not what you would’ve expected from us, the guitars are crunchier, the synths are buzzier, the lyrics are amazing. If you run into me out and about and I have my iPod on me I would be happy to play you a couple of songs :) , don’t be afraid to ask!

I am leaving my post as Moog controller in the able hands of our good friend Dan Casey. I can’t wait to see him rocking out on stage.

As you may have read, I am going to be playing Bass and Synth in the band Pretty & Nice for the next few months. Check out their upcoming tour dates and come out and say hi! I would love to meet more of you :) .

So thanks to all the fans, friends, and bands that I got the chance to meet through The Appreciation Post. My journey is far from over, I hope to see everyone again very soon.

Please keep in touch with me via Twitter and Tumblr .

xo
Roger Lussier"

No comments: