Sunday 16 May 2010

Review - Harold Nono + Hidekazu Wakabayashi - Harold Nono + Hidekazu Wakabayashi

Harold Nono + Hidekazu Wakabayashi - Harold Nono + Hidekazu Wakabayashi

View The Review

7 out of 10

If you were of a mind to dismiss this collaboration between Scotland and Japan, you would perhaps liken it to Boards of Canada being let loose in the Early Learning Centre. That would be your privilege and your loss, for it is more akin to the soundtrack of some underground wonder from Studio Ghibli or the latest Keita Takahashi percepticon. I'm sure odd sprites made of dust floated out of my speakers while I listened to the album - although I couldn't quite see them clearly. And upon the final windy fade-out of Wild Blue Yonder, I turned to see that all the objects in the room had been somehow rolled into a giant ball in the corner. Welcome, Misters Sunshine.

Listen: www.myspace.com/haroldnono, www.myspace.com/hidekazuwakabayashi

Tracklist:
1. Nobody Plays Baseball Here
2. Family
3. I Wanted To Go To The Party
4. Let's Go Find Mushrooms
5. I've Heard Giants
6. Teenage Desk
7. Ya Chaika
8. Akarui Akari
9. Scobies Roundie
10. A Shout Away
11. Wild Blue Yonder

No comments: