Sunday 9 May 2010

Review - Family Force 5 - Dance or Die (Single)

Family Force 5 - Dance or Die (Single)

View The Review

5 out of 10

The Family Force 5 are mostly made of brothers with biblical names, they make music that sounds like McFly and maybe All American Rejects have been locked in a room with nothing but the soundtrack to Mannequin & the greatest hits of Roxette.

I’m sure I should hate this, I’m really sure. But part of me wants someone to come up with a dance routine for it. The first half of the track really is a lovely slice of re-done 80’s perfect pop.

Then some silly bean comes in with the editing & puts annoying little fake stutters everywhere. To start off with it’s OK, there are Woah-ho’s to cover them, then some just joyous falsetto vocals. But from the point he starts with the "1, 2, 3, 4, I declare a dance war" I absolutely convinced I hate this record.

I’ve said it before & I’ll say it again: If two genres haven’t been put together before (Roxette & Walmart friendly pop punk) there’s a reason. You are not an innovator, you are an idiot.

Shame, I thought this was going to be something awesome. Nope.

Listen: www.myspace.com/familyforce5

Tracklist:
1. Dance or Die

No comments: