Sunday 9 May 2010

Review - The Bang Bang Club - Chemistry (Single)

The Bang Bang Club - Chemistry (Single)

View The Review

4 out of 10

I’m really not sure this record knows what it is. The vocals sound a bit like MGMT, the chorus sounds like a Miley Cyrus song, there’s sort of blues electric piano in there somewhere.

I can honestly imagine the cast of Glee covering this & waving their hands in air.

The repeat ’til fade chorus at the end is half the song & made me want to kill a little. Hey guys, if you have a line saying "repetition is something I can do without" (They even repeat it, oh how cheeky) then repeating the chorus until I hate it is a bad idea.

There’s absolutely nothing about this grabs me. It feels like it’s trying to be pop, but pop is more interesting these days. I guess what I’m trying to say is; I want a little more Bang Bang for my buck.

Listen: www.myspace.com/thebangbangclub

Tracklist:
1. Chemistry

1 comment:

Sick Puppy said...

Then listen to Digital Dog's remix of this track ;) Really awesome.