Sunday 9 May 2010

Review - Chapel Club - Five Trees (Single)

Chapel Club - Five Trees (Single)

View The Review

3 out of 10

I want to like this single, it’s produced by Paul Epworth & I think he has a beautiful knack of taking simple instrumentation & turning it into something really special. This single however is so unbelievably yawnsome I’m struggling to describe it. I’ll try, but I’m honestly falling asleep a little: It sounds a bit like an Editors B-side that they decided not to use.

The instrumental version highlights some of the interesting guitar noises Epworth has created, but also how damn dull the song is.

I think I may have had something else to say, but I drifted off for a moment there & now I’ve forgotten. *Yawns*

Listen: www.myspace.com/chapelclub

Tracklist:
1. Five Trees
2. Five Trees (Instrumental)

No comments: