Sunday 7 June 2009

Review - Klay - Maps of Rebellion

Klay - Maps of Rebellion

View The Review

7 out of 10

I like Klay. I think you will do as well. If you like Kerbdog, At the Drive In, Oceansize and Fall of Troy; then so will you as well.

From the house of Lockjaw, comes alt-rockers Klay. You might have seen them playing with stalwarts Tribute to Nothing recently. Their new album "Maps of Rebellion" is full of post-rock build-ups, urgent hardcore harmonies and beard stroking guitar workouts - it is quite simply a joy to listen to. It's not worth me dissecting the album, I am just the judge - you my friends are the jury. Klay provide a restored faith in the British rock scene. They aren't jumping on any passing wagons driven by a pair of haircuts - just doing it, and doing it well.

The album is out on the 22nd of June, and I'm sure they'll be touring in the coming months - go support something worthwhile.

Listen: www.myspace.com/klay

Tracklist:
1. Victory is a Fish
2. Maps of Rebellion
2. December 1964
3. Flight 435 to Turin
4. You Know I Don't Speak Spanish
5. You Fight Great but I'm a Great Fighter
6. Since we were 13
7. Construct Your Own
8. The Adventures of Farmhouse and Toothpaste
9. Piece Replica

No comments: