Thursday 25 June 2009

News - The Sophomore Attempt Call It Quits!

View The Article

In a suprise announcment not long after the release of their new CD The Sophomore Attempt have split up. Here’s the MySpace blog statement:

"Dear Friends-
I’ve thought about how I would start this message for a very long time. Even when we were at our best, the thought of how we would announce our end always passed through my mind. The past five years have been far more fruitful, painful, and incredible thany any of us could have ever imagined while we were sitting on Donnie’s bed talking about our possible future. We have accomplished things we never dreamed of, seen places and things we will never forget, and have created relationships that will last our lifetime. We could not ask for more.

I know this is coming as a shock to most of you. To be honest, it’s somewhat of a shock to us. 2 months ago, we saw our future ending in a far different place than here at Logan’s house in Jacksonville, FL. It’s hard to explain all the reasons that have led us here, but I’ll do my best to tell you what I can. To put it simply, the industry is in shambles. It is next to impossible for bands like us to survive for more than a few years. We’ve done everything we possibly could to help our chances [toured the country, recorded with a big name producer, shot music videos, promoted ourselves non-stop, changed members, etc...] and it just seems survival was just not in the cards for us. Making music and playing shows is no longer enough. That’s just how it is, and we’ve come to terms with it. I can tell you this: we are satisfied. We are leaving on a high note and our terms. We couldn’t be more sure of our decision. So many times, bands break up or go on hiatus, or whatever you want to call it, and lose the friendships that got the band together in the first place. This is not the case with us. All of us are closer now as friends than we ever have been, and this break up has only strengthened our relationships with each other. That is amazing to me.

This does not, in any way, mean we are quitting music. Music is not only our job, it’s our life. It’s what we do. We are using this break up as an opportunity to push all of us forward into new and exciting directions!

I [Jeremiah] am going to pursue my producing career. I’ve just partnered up with My Platinum Sound, and I cannot even begin to describe to you my excitement for this. I’ve been producing and recording bands for a long time, and it’s finally becoming a full time job. Please check out WWW.MYPLATINUMSOUND.COM for more information. I’m also in the process of writing and recording my next musical project. I don’t want to use this message as a self-promotion forum, so I will only tell you that I am working very hard on making something that you’ve never heard before. More info will be coming soon. I know you’ll love it.

All the rest of the guys [Donnie, Logan, Jeremy and Zach] are moving on to a new project and are currently looking for a lead singer. I cannot give you any details yet, but I can tell you that what I’ve heard and what they have planned will blow your mind. Every one those guys is so insanely talented! It’s going to be absolutely incredible. No question.

We are still going to be involved in both parties future projects, and even though we will no longer be "The Sophomore Attempt", we will still work very closely with each other to bring the best out of both new bands that will form from our break up.

The point we want to leave on is a grateful one. Since day one, all of you have made our dreams come true. It’s a cheesy way to say it, and it’s been said a thousand times by a thousand bands, but it’s really the only thing to represent what we feel. You have no idea how much you mean to us. You have effected our lives forever, and we will never forget how well you have treated us. Thank you a million times over. You are a blessing.

We WILL still be playing all the listed shows and will be playing a farewell show August 29th at the Murray Hill Theatre! We would love to see each and everyone of you there one last time.

God bless every one of you.

-The Sophomore Attempt"

No comments: