Sunday 7 June 2009

Review - Blabbermouth - I Return (Single)

Blabbermouth - I Return (Single)

View The Review

6 out of 10

<>I Return is a pleasant slice of Steven Stills / James Taylor acousticality. Its creator, Blabbermouth (or Steve Thompson, to give him his more prosaic name), has found favour with the inoffensive likes of Seth Lakeman. It also goes without saying that Radio 2 probably keep him in a velvet-lined tea chest under Janice Long's desk, fed on a diet of green tea and aubergine bake. It's companion here, Death of a Songwriter, putters on a similar string-swelled canal and is either 'heart-rending' as the blurb says, or 'narcissistic', as this reviewer says. I've probably got the wrong end of the shaker, though. Again.

Listen: www.myspace.com/therealblabbermouth

Tracklist:
1. I Return
2. Death of a Songwriter

No comments: