Thursday 3 June 2010

Review - Sun Dial - Sun Dial

Sun Dial - Sun Dial

View The Review

2 out of 10

I would never have linked the band I am listening to with the band on the PR sheet. Did I get something mixed up? The PR sheet band have been going since the early 90's, were a critics favourite for their mix of shoegaze and garage rock and received quite a bit of press. That band sound ace. The band on the CD, don't. Sub-Hetfield, hernia inducing strained vocals warble over the top of some very lame riffs.
I do still think it got mixed up somewhere and I got sent a demo by some terrible garage metal band. I also know that is pretty unlikely and that they really are this bad.

Listen: www.myspace.com/sundial001

Tracklist:
1. Storm Coming
2. Lock And Load
3. You're The One
4. No Mercy
5. Never's The Right Time
6. Double Cross
7. Zodiac
8. No Coming Back
9. Kill For A Killing
10. Wrong With You
11. Down in Flames
12. Radio
13. The Bridge

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It IS unfortunately the same band. I've loved Sun Dial for years and every album they've done, with the possible exception of 'Libertine', though I don't mind it, has been a psych-rock classic. Gary Ramon has never before shown any signs of going in this direction, and this album is AWFUL. (Well, I only got as far as track 2 before deleting the mp3s and listening to 'Other Way Out' instead)
No-one should judge their older stuff by this record, there is no resemblance.