View The Review
7 out of 10
Wow it’s nice to hear a soulful voice (Emil (B Unique)) with no autotune on. Mixed & messed about with, but no T pain here. Floaty light Electro disco, with on irony free pop heart. My first point of reference on listening to the radio edit was Glassjaw offshoot Men, Women & Children, so it came as no surprise that Ocelot were formed from the remnants of The Rise.
This is a transatlantic (Texas & Keighley in Yorkshire) anthemic joy from start to finish. It’s balanced on a high wire above a huge river of cheese & self consciousness cool steadfastly refusing to fall in. It’s a guilty pleasure that doesn’t feel so guilty.
One thing though, no one ever needs that many remixes. Ever.
1. Beating Hearts (Radio Edit)
2. Beating Hearts (Soundforce Remix)
3. Beating Hearts (Blende Vocal Remix)
4. Beating Hearts (Seismel D Remix)
5. Beating Hearts (Louis La Rouche Remix)
6. Beating Hearts (Extended Club Remix)