Thursday 3 June 2010

Review - Bull See Red - Chinatown Part 1

Bull See Red - Chinatown Part 1

View The Review

5 out of 10

My family have a restaurant we always go to in Chinatown. I can’t remember what it’s called right now as I’m not in London that often, but they know us & treat us like old friends. It’s really super, the food isn’t that great, but there’s just something about the place I really like (I think I like hugs from people shorter than me & old people & get both in one. Aces).

I can’t really say the same for this EP. ’Jello Biafra doing Therapy covers should sound better’ is the entirety of my notes. I didn’t hate it, but then I was thinking about wedding rice & hot & sour soup more than the record. That should tell you something.

Also calling something an EP & then putting live songs & acoustic versions on is cheating. That’s just a generous single.

Listen: www.myspace.com/bullseered

Tracklist:
1. Chinatown
2. For You
3. Here’s Looking At You
4. Krakatoa (Acoustic)
5. Roll Royal (Live)

No comments: