Thursday 14 January 2010

News - Don’t Stop Now, Jamie’s Having Such A Good Time

View The Article

Jamie Cullum will release his new single "Don’t Stop The Music" on the 25th of January through Decca/Terrified Recordings. It will be available as a download only.

Talking about the track, Jamie says "There’s a real science to choosing covers. Back when I did 'High And Dry' and 'Frontin’ it wasn’t as common but doing covers has always been part of my DNA as a jazz musician. Often I’ll think of a tune to do and someone else will get there first. I was going to do 'Every Heartbeat' by Robyn but Girls Aloud did it for Radio One! I thought 'someone is really smart'. I did 'Umbrella' the day after it was released but soon enough, everyone was doing it. With 'Don’t Stop The Music' it was the lyric that grabbed me. It is such a sexy lyric. And I was able to transform the song into something totally new sounding."

Jamie has also announced a full UK tour, his first for 5 years, which includes two nights at London’s Palladium. The dates in full are:

May 2010

Friday 7th Glasgow, Royal Concert Hall
Saturday 8th Edinburgh, Usher Hall
Sunday 9th Dublin Olympia
Tuesday 11th Newcastle, City Hall
Wednesday 12th Ipswich Regent
Thursday 13th Birmingham, Symphony Hall
Friday 14th Liverpool, Philharmonic
Sunday 16th London Palladium
Monday 17th Manchester, Bridgewater Hall
Tuesday 18th Sheffield, City Hall
Thursday 20th Portsmouth, Guildhall
Friday 21st Nottingham, Royal Concert Hall
Saturday 22nd Bristol Colston Hall
Sunday 23rd London Palladium

No comments: