Thursday 29 April 2010

Review - Exalt Cycle - Evasion Therapy

Exalt Cycle - Evasion Therapy

View The Review

3 out of 10

I was told to crank it up and hold on by the PR blurb that accompanies Italian metal mongs Exalt Cycle's mini album. Now I like metal, not modern metal, real metal. Exalt Cycle are modern metal. Ergo: I won't like it. Modern metal is for people who like Bullet For My Valentine, Trivium and the ilk. All the bands that the PR states fans will like. Well sadly I don't. It's played well, produced nice enough. All bright, treble heavy production with crystal clear clarity and enough bottom end to warrant having a bass player but it's still modern metal. It sounds forced and the melodic aspect really grates when it rears its ugly head. I would happily avoid anything like this in the future and I will.

Listen: www.myspace.com/exaltcycle

Tracklist:
1. Wring My Blood
2. Infected Mind
3. Made To Measure
4. Candles Light
5. The Species Fall

No comments: