Thursday 7 January 2010

Review - Various - Sons Of Alpha Centauri + Treasure Cat - Last Days Of Summer

Various - Sons Of Alpha Centauri + Treasure Cat - Last Days Of Summer

View The Review

2 out of 10

When this popped up on ye olde review list I thought hmm yes I shall have this for I am a fan of said doom / post rock style of music and I'm sure I will dig this . I was wrong ... DEAD WRONG!

Exciting, innovative, experimental, amazing, and awesome; these are all words you can't use to describe this release. Dull, repetitive, uninspired, derivative these are more on the button for this.

This is about the third time I have written this review based on the fact that it is such a mish-mash of stolen ideas redone in a tepid way that its hard to be positive about it, in fact its harder to write a lot about it based on it having, well, basically nothing within it worth writing about which will explain the briefness of this review. I'm sure after this goes up any fans of either band will shout SHENANIGANS! and possibly explain why this is the greatest thing ever but they are idiots and are wrong.

Is this really how I'm ending this review? Yes it is.

Listen: www.myspace.com/sonsofalphacentauri & www.myspace.com/treasurecatwv

Tracklist:
1. The Flying Dutchman - Alpha Cat
2. Battle Of Britain - Treasure Cat
3. Tribute To Harmonious - Sons Of Alpha Centauri
4. Valhalla - Treasure Cat
5. Last Day Of Summer - Alpha Cat
6. Under Surveillance - Sons Of Alpha Centauri
7. Dresden - Treasure Cat
8. Fire - Alpha Cat
9. Crossing The Border - Sons Of Alpha Centauri
10. On A Clear Day - Treasure Cat
11. Exhaust - Sons Of Alpha Centauri

No comments: