Tuesday 5 January 2010

Review - Elliot Minor - Solaris

Elliot Minor - Solaris

View The Review

6 out of 10

This is precisely the kind of overblown, overproduced album I usually hate with a righteous passion most people reserve for football teams and people who drive in the middle lane all the time. There is even evidence that the singer occasionally sounds a bit like he’s putting on an American accent. But for some reason - and I genuinely can’t put my finger on it - I actually rather like it.

I think it might be because it’s kind of like Busted meets Rhapsody, in that it’s just so massively overblown and ridiculous you can’t help but love it. Huge powerchords, shiny orchestral backdrops, overwraught vocals... You’ll probably come away with a saccharine induced headache after listening to it, but you’ll have a grin on your face too. Either that or you’ll want to gouge your ears out with a trowel.

Listen: www.myspace.com/elliotminor

Tracklist:
1. The Dancer
2. I Believe
3. Electric High
4. Coming Home
5. Carry On
6. Solaris
7. Better Than The Courtroom
8. All Along
9. Discover (Why the love hurts)
10. Shiver
11. Tethered
12. Let’s Turn This Back Around

No comments: