Sunday 16 May 2010

Review - I Defy - I Defy

I Defy - I Defy

View The Review

6 out of 10

Not to be confused with their U.S. punk namesakes (although they probably agree on Wal-Mart and Death), I Defy forge insidious, spiky metal. Imagine a carving knife or a pair of scissors becoming conscious of its slavish existence. It would listen to this album before forcing its way out of the kitchen drawer and into your brain via your weeping eyeball. Sorry and all that, but that's just how it is. Good things happen to bad people and bad things happen to good people, that's just the way it is.

If it's any consolation, your mind will have been sliced by the sound of a sharpened Napalm Death whilst Cthulhu crawls out of your toilet to deliver the vocals. So, one for your next wedding reception or christening. Can I suggest Labyrinths for the happy couple's first dance, or Eveline's Curse for the godparents' boogie? No? The band are from Swindon. What do you mean you're 'scared' ?

Listen: www.myspace.com/idefyuk

Tracklist:
1. Intro (We Are The Light Of The World)
2. Wasted Year
3. Eveline's Curse
4. Hall of Mirrors
5. One Step Too Far
6. Awakening
7. Labyrinths
8. Red Mist
9. I Defy

No comments: